Sunday, April 6, 2014

Easy Salted Caramel Sauce

I adore anything with the name "salted caramel" in it!  I've loved the sweet and savory combo for years, so I was determined to come up with a quick, easy, versatile sauce that could be drizzled over ice cream, poured in the middle of layer bars, stirred into hot chocolate, and even spooned onto pancakes! This sauce, my friends, is out-of-this-world good!  Thin enough to be pourable, but still thick and rich in flavor, I just can't seem to get enough!  I really have to force myself not to spoon it over my vegetables! Hope you love it as much as I do!



Easy Salted Caramel Sauce
-Alyssa Griffeth-

1 1/2 c. sugar
1/4 c. light corn syrup
1/4 c. water

1 c. heavy cream
6 Tbs. butter
1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt (more if desired)
2 tsp. vanilla

In a large pot, combine sugar, corn syrup, and water.  Heat over medium-high heat, swirling the pot occasionally to distribute heat evenly.  Continue to boil the sugar mixture until the bubbles get smaller and it becomes amber-colored.  This often takes about 10 minutes.  Watch the mixture very closely to avoid burning!  When the sugar has reached the right color, quickly pour in the cream and whisk constantly to avoid sugar crystals.  It will boil violently at first.  Add in the butter, vanilla, and salt, and stir until butter melts.  Cool slightly before serving.
Pin It!
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment