Thursday, July 19, 2012

Dark Chocolate Brownies

These are my all-time favorite brownies! I particularly love making them into caramel brownies, but when I just want a standard classic, this is the recipe I ALWAYS fall back on. I love that they don't require a mixer, and I LOVE how gooey and chocolatey they are. 
Dark Chocolate Brownies
-Alyssa Griffeth-
1 c. butter
8 oz. good-quality semisweet chocolate (I use Guittard semi-sweet chocolate chips)
2 c. sugar
2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
5 extra-large eggs
1/3 c. unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2/3 c. all-purpose flour

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 13×9 inch glass pan with heavy-duty foil and spray foil with cooking spray.

Place butter and chocolate in a glass bowl and cook on 50% power for 1-2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth.

Add the 2 cups of sugar to the chocolate mixture and mix well.  Whisk in vanilla, then add eggs 1 at a time until mixture is glossy and smooth. Whisk in salt and cocoa powder, then add flour and stir until it disappears (do not overbeat).
Spread in pan and bake until a pick inserted in center comes out with crumbs, 30 to 35 minutes. Cool to room temperature then chill for an hour or more. Lift foil from pan, place on a cutting board, and cut into squares.
Pin It!
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment