Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Better-Than-Your-Average Sloppy Joes


I have never been a fan of Sloppy Joes. I don't think I've ever eaten Manwich, but just the commercials from my childhood ruined me for life. That is, until I tried this version. They are sweet and tangy, and taste amazing on homemade buns or french bread rolls. The filling also freezes beautifully, so you can double it or save half for another day. Just thaw and reheat in a saucepan.


Better-Than-Your-Average Sloppy Joes
-Adapted from The Sisters Cafe-


1 1/2 lbs. lean ground beef
1 onion, diced
3/4 c. ketchup
2 T. brown sugar
1.5 T. mustard
2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
1 T. Worcestershire sauce

In a large frying pan, saute onion till translucent. Add ground beef and brown. Drain grease and add remaining ingredients. Simmer 5-10 minutes until sauce has thickened slightly.

Serve on warm rolls or hamburger buns. THESE are our favorite buns.


Posted by Picasa
Pin It!
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment