Tuesday, July 12, 2011

5-Minute BBQ Sauce


About a year ago, I set out on a mission to find the best BBQ sauce recipe. I tried probably 6 or 7 recipes and EVERY single batch ended up in the trash. They were either too tomato-y, too smokey, or WAY too complicated for a condiment. I hated all the chopping, boiling, simmering, and blending. THEN, I tried my friend Cindi's amazing BBQ sauce, and I knew I had to have her recipe. It's SO good and has the perfect balance of flavors. The best part is that it literally takes 5 minutes to whip up. You can bet that I ALWAYS have a jar of this stuff in my fridge. I can't bring myself to eat the store bought stuff now! It is pretty sweet (but let's be honest...That's probably why I like it so much...), so if you prefer a more savory sauce, feel free to decrease the brown sugar and/or the molasses. But I like it just the way it is!


5-Minute BBQ Sauce
-recipe from Cindi S.-


1 1/2 c. ketchup
1/2 c. molasses
3/4 c. brown sugar
4 tsp. liquid smoke
6 Tbs. white vinegar
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1 1/4 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. dry mustard
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 Tbs. cornstarch
2 Tbs. water

In a saucepan, combine all ingredients except for cornstarch and water. Cook over medium heat until simmering. Combine water and cornstarch in a small bowl and whisk into pot. Heat just until thickened. Serve warm or cold.

Makes about 2 cups.


Posted by Picasa
Pin It!
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment