Monday, May 30, 2011

Southern Sour Cream Peach Pie


This is a fabulous take on peach pie! I still love my classic peach pie recipe, but this one is equally good. I like that it has a creamy filling, and the crumb topping makes it a perfect combination.


Southern Sour Cream Peach Pie
-Alyssa Griffeth-


Pie Filling:
3/4 c. sugar
2 Tbs. flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1 c. sour cream
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 c. peeled and sliced peaches (I always use fresh, but I'm sure canned would work too)
1 unbaked pie crust (in a pinch, I usually just use the Pillsbury dough in the red box...I find it near the canned biscuits/crescents)

Butter Crumb Topping:
1/3 c. sugar
1/3 c. flour
1/4 c. butter, softened
1 tsp. cinnamon

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare pie shell and set aside.

Combine sugar, flour, and salt. Beat in sour cream, egg and vanilla. Fold in sliced peaches and pour mixture into pie shell. Bake for 12 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for 30 more minutes. Remove pie from oven and increase temperature to 400 degrees once again.

Combine topping ingredients with a fork until crumbly and sprinkle over pie. Bake for 10 more minutes.

I prefer serving the pie at room temperature or chilled, with a dollop of fresh whipped cream.


Posted by Picasa
Pin It!
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment