Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Lemon Ice Punch

I've made this simple lemon drink a few times now, and I always love how refreshing it is. It's more like a sweet, lemon water than lemonade, but not quite as sweet as a party punch. Perfect for summer bbq's if you ask me! The only ingredient that is a little hard to find is Citric Acid. I was told that most pharmacy's carry it (I'm guessing in the vitamin isle?), but I just ordered mine on Amazon so I didn't have to hunt for it in the stores.


Lemon Ice Punch


2 Tbs. pure lemon extract
2 Tbs. citric acid
3 c. sugar
1 gallon cold water
lots of crushed ice
sliced citrus (I like using limes, lemons, and oranges)

In a large pitcher or punch bowl, combine first four ingredients. Add ice just before serving. Use sliced citrus to garnish individual glasses, or for a beautiful presentation, add them directly to the punch bowl and stir.

Posted by Picasa
Pin It!
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment