Tuesday, July 6, 2010

CPK's Southwestern Avocado Salsa

A few weeks ago, we ate dinner at one of my favorite restaurants of all time....California Pizza Kitchen. I love all the fresh ingredients they use and the California flair that they put on everything.

We decided to try one of their new "mini-appetizers" this time and it was SO good. I couldn't stop craving it all week, so finally, I decided to re-create it at home. My husband and I couldn't tell a single difference, so I'd say it was a success! The idea is very similar to THIS dip, but the flavors are surprisingly different. I LOVE that this one is slightly sweet from the roasted red peppers, white corn, and the sugar. And we copied CPK's serving technique by molding it into tiny ramekins and giving everyone their own little portion. It's not necessary at all, but it makes a fun presentation!

CPK's Southwestern Avocado Salsa
-Alyssa Griffeth-

2 1/2 c. frozen white corn, thawed
1 can black beans
6 green onions, sliced
1/4 c.- 1/2 c. roasted red peppers (from the jar), finely diced
2 Tbs. sugar
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 c. cilantro, chopped
1 lime, juiced (about 2 tsp.)
4 avocados, diced

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and fold gently to combine without mashing the avocado. Serve immediately with tortilla chips.

If desired, spray a small bowl or ramekin with non-stick spray and spoon in dip. Press gently with the back of a spoon to compact, then invert onto individual serving plates.

Posted by Picasa
Pin It!
Print Friendly and PDF

3 comments:

  1. I made this for my book club last night and it was absolutely delicious! Everyone wanted the recipe!

    Thank you for cooking up such a fantastic recipe!

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and order this salsa every time we go to CPK. I was so happy to find this recipe. It is exactly the same. Alyssa, thank you so much for working this out for us!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cpk.. is my absolute favorite restaurant. My husband and I dining there every Saturday nite since our first baby 😊 we always have this appetizer each time. Will try yours.

    ReplyDelete