Thursday, June 17, 2010

Italian Meatball Subs

In case you haven't noticed, I've been ALL about the easy recipes lately. I'm having a baby in just a few weeks, so standing in a hot kitchen all summer long just isn't something I want to do! I recently put meatball subs on the menu and had planned on making homemade French rolls and homemade meatballs...But as dinnertime was quickly approaching, I decided to simplify, so I pulled out some frozen meatballs and sent my husband to the store to buy some deli rolls. I have to say, the end result was DELICIOUS! My husband deemed it a keeper and I loved that I spent a total of 15 minutes in the kitchen. Pair it with a Caesar salad and you'll have a perfect meal. This is so easy, it hardly fits in the category of a "recipe."

Italian Meatball Subs
-Alyssa Griffeth-

Frozen Italian meatballs (I buy the bag from Costco)
Soft French rolls
Favorite marinara sauce (we love Giada's tomato basil sauce)
Provolone cheese, sliced
Butter, optional

Place meatballs in an 8x8" pan and cook on 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes (or until hot in the middle).

Slice rolls in half and butter bottom half. Add sliced cheese to upper half and place rolls on cookie sheet. Toast in oven until cheese is melted and bread is slightly crisp (about 5 minutes).

Add desired amount of warmed marinara sauce to bottom of subs and top with meatballs. Serve immediately.

Posted by Picasa
Pin It!
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment