This is one of my new, favorite, EASY weeknight meals. Last month when we were on vacation, our friends made this for dinner one night and I've been craving it weekly since then!
Italian Grilled Chicken with Creamy Red Sauce
-Brent and Bethany G.-
16 oz. pasta noodles
1/2 bottle of Italian salad dressing
2-3 chicken breasts, thawed
1 recipe of Favorite Alfredo Sauce
8 oz. marinara sauce (we use Giada de Laurentiis' tomato basil sauce)
Parmesan cheese, grated
1 8oz. block cream cheese (I use reduced fat)
1/2 c. butter
1/4 c. + milk
1/2 c. + fresh Parmesan cheese
1. Pound thawed chicken until 1/2 inch- 3/4 inch thick (if desired). Marinate in a ziplock bag with bottled Italian dressing for 2-6 hours. (I usually use about 1/2 a bottle of dressing, but you can use however much you need to cover the chicken).
2. Preheat grill, boil salted water for pasta, and begin making alfredo sauce.
3. Alfredo: In a small saucepan, combine cream cheese and butter until melted. Don't be alarmed if the fat separates and makes the mixture look like curdled milk! Add milk and stir until mixture becomes smooth. Add Parmesan and seasonings and whisk until cheese melts and becomes combined. Add more milk and/or Parmesan until sauce reaches desired flavor and consistency (ie. thicker, thinner, more cheesy, etc.) You really can't go wrong! Season again, as needed.
4. Meanwhile, remove chicken from marinade and grill until no longer pink. Boil pasta and cook until al dente.
5. Heat marinara until warm and combine alfredo with as much marinara as desired. We typically like ours on the lighter side, so I do about 3 parts alfredo to 1 part marinara.
6. Slice chicken into thin strips and serve over pasta and sauce. Top with fresh Parmesan.