Saturday, May 15, 2010

Seredipity's Frozen Hot Chocolate

I think this might be one of my favorite treats of all time!!

I used to have a different recipe on my blog for Serendipity's frozen hot chocolate. We really liked it, but it always bugged me that I was stuck with a bunch of iciness at the end of each glass.

That all changed when I found a new recipe on another cooking blog....The author tried duplicating the recipe just DAYS after having the real thing at Serendipity in New York. These are SOOO super chocolaty, and are PERFECT served with fresh whipped cream and chocolate shavings. I think we've had them at least 10 times in the past 2 months alone!!

(Note: Whenever I make a batch of the "starter syrup" I double it and keep half in the fridge so we can have some later that week without having to dirty a bunch of dishes.)

Serendipity’s Frozen Hot Chocolate
-from Prudence Pennywise-

1 c. semisweet chocolate chips
1/4 c. cream
1 pkg. instant hot chocolate mix (or 2 tbsps. loose mix)
2 Tbs. sugar
1 1/3 c. milk
3-4 c. ice cubes (not crushed)
Fresh whipped cream

Chocolate shavings (or chopped chocolate chips)

In a small saucepan, melt chocolate and cream over low heat. Whisk in hot chocolate mix and sugar, and stir until smooth. Whisk in milk and transfer mixture to blender (or store in fridge for later use). Add ice and blend on high speed until smooth and the consistency of a frozen daiquiri.

Serve immediately with whipped cream, chocolate shavings, and a straw!

Posted by Picasa
Pin It!
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment