Monday, May 24, 2010

Belgian Waffles

I've been on a LONG quest to find the PERFECT homemade waffles, and I have FINALLY found them! For a long time, it seemed that every recipe I tried was somewhat complicated (considering that they were just waffles), made a huge disaster in my kitchen, and didn't taste any better than the Krusteaz mix I always have on hand from Costco.

But now that I've found these, I really don't think I'll ever make another waffle recipe again (let alone buy the boxed waffle mix at the store- Blah!). These are EASY to make, super flavorful...thanks to the butter....And not too crispy, but not too soggy either. I love serving them with our favorite homemade syrup, but this last weekend, I smothered them with homemade peach jam and they were even more amazing!

Belgian Waffles
-Recipe from Just Cook Already-

1 3/4 c. flour
2 Tbs. sugar
1 Tbs. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
2 eggs
1 3/4 c. milk
1/2 c. butter, melted and cooled
1 tsp. vanilla

Melt butter and set aside to cool. In a medium bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Make a well in center of flour mixture and set aside.

In another medium bowl, beat eggs and stir in milk, melted butter, and vanilla. Add egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir until moistened.

Pour batter onto a preheated, greased waffle maker and cook until light brown and slightly crisp.

Posted by Picasa
Pin It!
Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments:

  1. Hi there,

    I came across your blog from http://life-should-be-delicious.blogspot.com/.
    I have tons of recipes from your blog I am printing for my "to try" pile. I think we share the same taste in food and love for good "real" recipes. Keep them coming, I can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These really look great. Your photo is spectacular and the recipe sounds delicious. This is my first visit to your blog, but I'll be back as often as I can. Have a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete