Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Eggnog Punch

I realize this is a holiday recipe, so I doubt there will be much of a need to make it soon.....BUT when you do, you might just think you've died and gone to heaven. Its a family recipe from my friend Bethany, but she was nice enough to share it with me! I think it's pretty much a requirement for any holiday party....AND I don't even like eggnog (I love this though). Considering the ingredients....Ice cream, cream, soda....Eek! How could you not love it?!

According to Bethany, this recipe is just a guide. She never measures the ingredients or anything. She just sort of throws things into a big punch bowl and tastes it to see if it needs something-- And trust me, you'll know if it needs more of anything.

Eggnog Punch
-Bethany G.-
1 qt. eggnog (Southern Comfort brand is my favorite, by far!)
2-3 c. orange juice
1-2 c. half and half
1 qt.+ Sprite or 7-Up
1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream
nutmeg to taste (I use LOTS)
In a large punch bowl, combine eggnog, orange juice, half & half, and nutmeg. Mix well. Add small scoops of ice cream. Pour 7-Up over top and gently stir. Add additional ingredients if necessary. Garnish top with lots of nutmeg. Begin serving immediately, before ice cream starts to melt.
*Note: If December 1st rolls around and you get a craving for egg nog, you can easily make an individual portion of this directly in a tall glass. Just add ingredients to taste, and top with a scoop of ice cream!
Pin It!
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment