Thursday, March 12, 2009

Twice Baked Potatoes

Twice Baked Potatoes

6 medium/large potatoes
¾ c. sour cream
< ½ tsp. garlic
3 Tbs. milk (optional)
Salt and pepper
2 Tbs. parmesan cheese
Mild cheddar cheese
Crumbled bacon
Green onion tops, chopped
Butter

*Make sure all ingredients are room temperature.

Bake potatoes at 425. Cut a lengthwise slice from top of each bake potato. . Discard skin from slice and place pulp in bowl. Gently scoop out each potato, leaving a thin shell. Add pulp to the bowl. Beat on low speed with electric mixer. Add all ingredients except cheddar cheese. Mix with mixer until smooth. Pile mixture into shells. Place in 10 x 6 x 2 inch baking dish. Bake at 425 for 20-25 minutes, or until lightly browned, topping with cheddar, then bacon and onions for the last 2-3 minutes of cooking. Bake until cheese melts.
Pin It!
Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

  1. I loved this recipe- the second time I used this I added a little bit of horseradish (the thick kind, not the cream) in and it was divine. Also I didn't have cheddar cheese so I used a little bit of Pecorino Romano. Though its a harder cheese, I thought it added a cool flavor.

    ReplyDelete