Sunday, March 29, 2009

Strawberry and Cream Cheese French Toast


This is very similar to another strawberry french toast recipe I make, but I've decided I like this one EVEN better! I LOVE that you prepare it the night before, and pop it in the oven in the morning. It couldn't get any easier than that!


Strawberry and Cream Cheese French Toast

-Alyssa Griffeth-


1 loaf french bread, cut into (18) 1 inch slices
1 lg. container whipped cream cheese
homemade strawberry jam

In a bowl, combine cream cheese and jam. Add as much jam as desired. (I probably add ¾ cup, but much less would be great too. It’s all about preference. I like to see almost equal amounts of jam and cream cheese…Start with a little and feel free to add more.) Spread cream cheese mixture between two slices of bread, place sandwiched slices in a glass pan sprayed with cooking spray. You will be able to fit 9 sandwiches perfectly.

Mix together:

4 eggs
1 c. milk
¼ c. sugar
¼ tsp. salt
½ tsp. cinnamon

Pour over bread, making sure to pour on top of each sandwich, and let sit for five minutes. Turn bread over if necessary (I usually skip this part) and cover pan with saran wrap. Refrigerate overnight.

In the morning, drizzle ¼ c. melted butter over the top and bake at 400 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes. Top with sliced strawberries mixed with sugar and whipped topping.

Whipped Topping:

2 c. whipping cream
2/3 c. powdered sugar

Beat cold cream with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
Pin It!
Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

  1. I stumbled onto your blog today and I've enjoyed browsing at your recipes!

    ReplyDelete