Thursday, March 12, 2009

Sausage Thanksgiving Stuffing

My Grandma's terrific stuffing! It is truly the best!

Sausage Thanksgiving Stuffing

1- 12 oz. tube of Jimmy Dean’s pork sausage
12 Tbs. butter
2 c. Yellow onion, minced
2 c. celery, diced
1/2 tsp. dried sage
1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
2- 14 oz. pkgs. Pepperedge Farms Seasoned Cornbread Stuffing breadcrumbs
3-4 c. chicken broth (depending on how moist you prefer it. I use 4 c.)

Cook and crumble sausage in a very large skillet…Don’t drain fat. Add butter and melt into sausage. Add vegetables and sauté for a few minutes. Add sage and salt. Stir until combined. Alternately, add breadcrumbs and chicken broth, combining fully. Serve immediately or place in 9x13 baking dish, cover with foil, and reheat at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Pin It!
Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you have this on your blog! I lost my copy from your cooking class a few years ago and this is my go to. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete