We are panini addicts! This is how we make a few of our favorites!
Grilled Panini Sandwiches
**I've experimented with a lot of bread varieties, and I've found that sourdough works the best! It holds up well when stuffed with toppings and crisps up nicely when brushed with olive oil. I usually just grab a fresh, sliced loaf in the bakery.
Add desired toppings to bread, then top sandwhich with garlic salt and pepper. Drizzle/brush one side of bread with olive oil, flip over, and place on a hot panini grill. Add oil to the other side, close grill, and cook until smashed down and slightly golden.
Here are our favorite combos:
-chipolte mayo, jalapeno cream cheese, shaved deli turkey, pepperjack, grilled onions, avocado
-pesto mayo, shaved deli turkey, avocado, grilled onions, muenster cheese
-cream cheese, shaved deli turkey, raspberry jam, provolone, grilled onions, avocado slices
- a variety of cream cheese spreads (Favorites: jalapeno, vegetable, and chive/onion)
- shaved deli turkey, ham, or roast beef
- A variety of unique cheeses (gouda, swiss, provolone, feta, muenster, pepperjack)
- grilled onions....Yum! (Cut an onion in half and then slice into super thin pieces. Grill in a frying pan with a little olive oil. Add oregano, pepper, and garlic salt and grill until very soft and somewhat charred.)
- avocado (I always use avocados on paninis...It makes them amazing!)
-Any sandwhich spreads: pesto mayo, chipolte mayo, spicy mustard, etc.
-Veggies: tomatoes, fresh spinach, red onion, etc. or even sliced granny smith apples