Friday, March 13, 2009

“Chinese Sundaes” (a.k.a. Hawaiian Haystacks)

“Chinese Sundaes” (a.k.a. Hawaiian Haystacks)

Gravy:
1 can cream of chicken soup
¼ c. milk
¼ c. broth or bouillon

Combine soup, broth, and milk in large saucepan. Cook until heated through.

Serve by placing rice on each plate. Stack topping ingredients over rice, then smother with gravy.

Toppings: Chinese chow mein noodles, cubed ham, cubed chicken, crumbled bacon, gravy, diced tomato, grated cheese, chopped celery, chopped green onion, chopped green pepper, crushed pineapple, slivered almonds, coconut
Pin It!
Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

  1. We used to have this all the time at church functions back home when I was a kid. I asked my mom to find me the recipe and I tried making it to only be disappointed that it was not the one I remembered. I need to try this recipe!

    ReplyDelete