Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Broccoli Salad

Broccoli salad is one of those things that I WANT to love so badly, but never do. It usually seems too mayonnaise-y, or too dry, and isn't full of all the good stuff like I want it to be. But a while back, I tried my friend Mindy's Broccoli Salad and fell in love! The dressing calls for MIRACLE WHIP, which I have never been a fan of, but it's perfect for this. I also made a few little additions like the craisins and grapes...
Broccoli Salad

1 head broccoli-cut into very small pieces
6 slices bacon-cooked crisp and crumbled
>½ c. diced red onion
red grapes, halved
1/2 c. cashews
½ c. sunflower seeds
1/4 c. craisins

Dressing:
½ c miracle whip (not mayo!)
2 T. apple cider vinegar (do not substitute)
¼ c sugar

Mix dressing. Pour over broccoli and onion in serving bowl and mix. Add bacon, cashews, and sunflower seeds just before serving and mix. This keeps them crisp.
Pin It!
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment